Hey ya'll!! Well unfortunately we are back from vacation...It was beautiful and I didn't want to leave!! LOL...We got there around 10ish Thursday night and went to sleep!! That drive with three kids (5 & under) was exhausting!! LOL...The next morning we got up and went down to a spot on the Buffalo River, that was about 8 miles from our cabin, called Rush...Rush is an old "ghost town" from the Mining Era, and no it's not haunted...lol...that was hard to explain to the kids...It's called a ghost town b/c the residents literally packed up and deserted the town they had built b/c the mine dried up, it was so awesome to know that those houses are over 100 years old and still standing, barely, but standing...And of course they made for some GREAT photos!! I'm gona post them on here as soon as I get them organized...there was a lil creek that ran into the river at Rush that the kids could play in and be safe, and of course they LOVED it!! There was also a hill that the canoers that were camping would use to slide their canoes down to the river & it spilled off into this creek, well Lilly and Jackson discovered they could climb up it and slide down, so...they were covered in dirt!! It was hilarious and I got some good pics of that too!! That night the kids wanted pizza, their fav food, so we found a lil French bread pizza joint in Yellville called Breadeaux's and OMG!!! I believe that was THE best pizza I've ever eaten!! And it was cheap...lol...The next day Micheal, Hillary, and the girls rented innertubes(not sure of spelling lol) and floated from the bridge up from our cabin to Buffalo Point, it was like the park on the river, me and Jackson went site seeing while they did that and then met them at Point...Nobody had any innertubes with bottoms in them for him to sit in is why we didn't float...But Micheal took him out a lil ways when we met up, he didn't understand that he couldn't jump off...LOL...But we waded across the river at Point and played around with the kids in the "rapids" as Lilly calls them...lol...that night we cooked chili dogs, we were gona roast weenies and do smores, but it started raining, so that got moved inside...lol...And of course it rained all day Sunday, so we drove up to Mt View and went to the Blanchard Springs Caverns...It was really cool, what I got to see of it anyways...lol...Jackson didn't do good, I guess b/c it was so dark and stuff so I had to leave the tour and take him outside...Then after they all got done with the tour we drove up to the waterfall where the water spills out from the cave, it was gorgeous!! That was Jackson's favorite part of it all...Then the next day we took our time driving home and stopped by a few lil antique shops...I got Jackson an old metal toy John Deere tractor, it was so cute!! He loves it but I had to put it up so he don't break it...lol...I plan on goin back b/c there was a lot of stuff I wanted, but couldn't get b/c we had the truck packed full of stuff and kids...lol...but our vacation was good, I didn't want to come back...but I'm here and now gettin geared up for September and Miranda Lambert @ Rabb's!!!! WOOHOO!! ~LUV~
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I had a good time with you today! We need to get out like that more often! I need to get your into being more artsy fartsy so you can do something with ALL those pictures!! Can we say SCRAPBOOKING???
Post a Comment